Sunday 24 May 2015

CBX250RS-E Engine Rebuild 21/01/2012

Today some interesting bits arrived, the most interesting of which was a 24610-KF0-010 or a gear change shaft, mine for a measly £77:



Fitting all the circlips and springs to it from the old one was surprisingly easy and things were going well until I found my Dad had messed with the case with all the gearbox in it and shifted it all out of place, so I had to fit the damn selector forks, their shaft and the shift drum together yet again. It's still not any easier, but I've now hidden it from him so hopefully that's the last time I have to do that little job. With it all together I have something that looks pretty good..


So good in fact I wanted to put the cases together and see if I have any gears! The only thing in my way was fitting the other main bearing into the right hand case, but it couldn't be too bad, the other slotted straight in with the help from a heat gun right? Nooo..



It's wedged tight, the burn marks are bits of my gloves that couldn't take the heat. Now I have to waste even more time and find someone with a press to get it the rest of the way in, oh how I laughed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can you pass me the manual by email?
    My email is rnaltamirano05@gmail.com
    thank you very much .

    ReplyDelete