Sunday 24 May 2015

CBX250RS-E Engine Rebuild 05/12/2010

Cold stopped play (or took away any motivation..) but I bought a NOS cam chain yesterday so I felt compelled to at least do something.. So I sneaked it inside. After a bit of fighting the cases went back together far enough to get the detent flower back on, and with a pair of mole grips I managed to find neutral. Then, after a bit of fighting to get the cases apart again (must clean those dowel pins..) it all practically fell out! Only the output shaft put up a bit of a fight, needing to be knocked out, but really it was fine. Amazingly the main bearing on the alternator side also gave in to a bit of persuasion from a wooden mallet, leaving me with a couple of empty cases and a crank!





There is play in both mains and a little in the big end, even though it sounded fine when it was running. Now I guess I have to find out how much SEP will want for the job of replacing them all.. Eep..

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can you pass me the manual by email?
    My email is rnaltamirano05@gmail.com
    thank you very much .

    ReplyDelete