Sunday 24 May 2015

CBX250RS-E Engine Rebuild 16/10/2010

Rather disappointingly, today I had to resort to big flat headed screwdrivers and a hammer, something I was determined not to do, in order to get the alternator cover off. But eventually, I ended up with this:

A rotor:



And a stator!


Check out all them coils! No wonder the electrics seem nice and strong :-D

In the first picture you can also just see that the gear change levery thing is welded onto it's shaft, rather strangely the other engine is exactly the same. I guess those splines must wear out a bit quick? It also means that if I'm lucky I'll have to grind off the weld and it'll undo, if not I'll have to cut it right off in order to split the cases. Shame, because those shafts are not cheap, if they're available at all.

I also just noticed this:



So someone has been in there before, but they didn't remove the alternator cover as it looks like the original gasket to me. That means they just undid the big nut in the centre of the rotor and pulled the whole lot off.. I wish I'd thought of that! Shame they're not clever enough to put things back together properly though..

That's it for today, too much rain for my liking..

No comments:

Post a Comment