Sunday 24 May 2015

CBX250RS-E Engine Rebuild 16/04/2013

I have replaced the cams and rockers with ones with hardly any scarring from CBX #2 (details of which will come later..) and it now runs almost as quietly as it once did, albeit a bit tappy. I could tighten the clearances a bit more, but I'm still not convinced it's quite right - although I'll happily run it in now. However I have come across something that may help shed some light on the mystery.. While stripping the ruined engine for it's piston (for #2) I had a good look at the connecting rod and saw that the rod from SEP does indeed have an extra hole:



I remember wondering about it at the time but I didn't have anything else to compare it to, since I didn't have other cranks to look at or the old rod. But I wonder if oil can escape more easily from the crank then perhaps this accounts for the seemingly lower oil pressure? Do replacement rods often have new holes in? I don't really know what to make of it.

As an aside the old crank seems fine, no play on the rod up or down, so it must have only been a main bearing. Ah well!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can you pass me the manual by email?
    My email is rnaltamirano05@gmail.com
    thank you very much .

    ReplyDelete