Sunday 24 May 2015

CBX250RS-E Engine Rebuild 16/12/2011

I also managed to fit the shift drum in place yesterday, this was also quite a game. I found it was best to put the drum in first, then place the forks in the right place and line them up with a channel in the drum, and then shove the rod the forks slide on through the 3 holes (on the end of the forks). It was all super awkward but it's done, and I have no idea how you're supposed to put it all back in the cases as drum, forks and shaft as one. You simply don't have enough hands!

Today I ordered a bunch of "special" bolts, a gear change shaft and a head gasket from Silvers. It may take 3 weeks to arrive as they have to source a lot of bits from various places and they close down for Christmas, so I guess that stops play for a bit. A bit of gear change linkage is also on it's way to me from SCB Motorcycles near Edinburgh for a tenner, seemed reasonable enough to take a punt on! Especially as the CBF250 it's from had done less than 8K miles.

Oh yeah and I almost forgot, of course I have spent more than £347.73 so far as the cost to get all of the stuck bolt removed was £65, and I needed a special clutch locking tool at £18 and a special bolt to act as a flywheel puller which was £6, so the total is actually a ridiculous £436.73! Bear in mind having a decent GB250 engine sent over from Japan was looking to cost £500-550 but people said it wasn't worth it, shows what they know!

No comments:

Post a Comment