Sunday 24 May 2015

CBX250RS-E Engine Rebuild 14/10/2010

All was going relatively well today, some difficulties with the weird flat things that Honda chose to make the engine look pretty on the outside (they hold the tensioner and cam drive gear in place) but I have hit a problem. I can't get the sub guide (i.e. the bit that actually puts tension on the chain) out through the top..



It must do somehow otherwise how would it be put together? Anyone have any tips/tricks for stuff like this? I have thought about undoing it all at the bottom so I can get the chain off that way, but I have no real way of locking up the engine so I can undo it all.

And another gory picture..



What might that grey stuff be around that there magnetic pulse generator I wonder? :roll:

Never mind, after a bit of prodding and prying it popped out and went straight for me, oil and everything.. Wonderful.. Anyway, after a bit of this:


I ended up with this!






I really wasn't expecting the black, white would've been more like it since some clown has put smaller main jets in the carbs than stock. I also wasn't expecting the head to simply pull off, no prying with screwdrivers was necessary. Very strange.. Almost like someone has been there before..?

Probably leave it there for today, being one of those incredibly unfit computery types means I don't have the strength left in my arms to undo the bolts holding the barrel on. Sad, innit?

Oh yeah, I'm also annoyed at myself for forgetting the bolts that were hidden under those caps in the head, so I undid the two to the side and then the ones that were hidden.. Surely it can't be that bad a thing to do, can it? How often do these things warp if not undone correctly?

No comments:

Post a Comment