Sunday 24 May 2015

CBX250RS-E Engine Rebuild 04/04/2013

An update! Now that the weather has warmed almost to tolerable levels (at least for the past few days) I have continued to put it all back together. I won't bore you with that again, but today was finally test ride day. I thought that the clockwork knocking noise had gone away, at least a bit, but after getting the motor hot it was back just the same as it had been before I had new valves fitted - so it wasn't the valves making the noise! It seems to run just fine though so screw it for now. Since I now have a spangly smartphone I recorded a clip of the noise (and proof that it runs!), any ideas are hugely welcome.



The noise seems to be mostly from the left exhaust area, which incidentally is furthest away from the oil feed into the rocker cover. The feeds are clear though and plenty of oil is making it to the top, so short of sticking in a tiny camera to see what's going on I cannot verify if it's getting enough oil or not. I also wonder if maybe the exposed bits of metal under the hardened layer on the cams/rockers have corroded a little and are now catching slightly. I am clutching at straws though. Whatever it is it doesn't seem to affect how the bike runs, and if it is just cam/rocker related then it's no big deal to fix later on if I do find out what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can you pass me the manual by email?
    My email is rnaltamirano05@gmail.com
    thank you very much .

    ReplyDelete