Sunday 6 October 2019

Gulf Tec Plus 10w40 semi synth - it works!

My interest was piqued when Euro Car Parts were selling oil at 50% off and I was nearly out of the super cheap Triple QX and Vetech stuff. Those super cheap oils have worked okay, nothing has worn out, but I figured a known brand may give a nicer gear change action and act as a treat if nothing else. So for a smidgen over £15 I had 5L of Gulf 10w40:
I have used this to top up the TRX during the last trip to Germany and the Z250SL is now also full of it, neither are showing any sign of clutch slip and the gear change is indeed nicer than on the super cheap stuff (though of course not as nice as new Motul..). The Gulf oil is also a bit thicker when cold, I know technically this means nothing but in my experience the really cheap oils are thin and get thinner while better oils start off a bit thicker.

So, Gulf Tec Plus 10w40 - okay for use in wet clutch motorcycles and seems good value at £3 a litre. Euro Car Parts even offer free delivery, bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment