Friday 30 December 2016

Bassetts Pole 18/8/2015

I thought I'd go see what the craic is at the Bassetts Pole meet that happens on the north east side of Birmingham every Tuesday. Some say it's just a meet in a McDonalds car park, and by gum they'd be right. They're also right about the chavvy quads and smell of cannabis round the back..
 
A mad looking Husaberg that had to be leant against a table as it didn't have a stand
One of those new Yamaha R3s
It could have been so much narrower without the acres of plastic..
These really look like fun
Honda CBR400RR
 Yamaha XS650 Special
Honda H100
Quite fancy an MT-07..
No idea what is happening here in the clutch area?? Some sort of centrifugal gubbins perhaps?
A ratted BMW K75
What I hadn't heard about is the antics that go on outside the McDonalds. Bassetts Pole is the name of the enormous and very busy roundabout that this is located next to, and people seemed to relish in making a nuisance of themselves. Wheelies:
Burnouts:
Lots of burnouts.. There are massive lorries using this road. No wonder the police want to stop this meet!
One of those BMW things
Honda CBX1000, of course
Suzuki GSX1100EF
Yamaha MT-03, quite fancy one of these too if they ever drop in price properly
A stunt merchant dropped his Triumph, this was a covert shot
I was chuffed this lovely BSA parked right in front of my CB250..

As I was getting ready to leave, with my earplugs already in, an old bloke asked me if I'd had a good time and would I come again. Yeah sure I replied, but I wouldn't rush here every Tuesday. Maybe manage it once a year..

No comments:

Post a Comment