Sunday 15 November 2015

Dragon Rally 7/2/2015 - 8/2/2015

Check in at Conway!
Unpacking in surprisingly pleasant conditions, wondering where Frowne was..
A hint at the incredible number of outfits that turned up, I wonder where they all hide the other 363 days of the year??
Things got too hazy for pictures after this, there was a lot of talking to a bloke who is on the K100 forum who used to do bike reviews for the comics in the 80s, some more drinking, some bacon somewhere, more drinking, a load of shoving each other around and singing along in front of the live bands (and Frowne flinging my glasses onto the floor where they got semi crushed, a lucky escape..), some drinking.. Errrr... The airbed deflating in the middle of the night and the ground sucking the heat out of me through my trusty Snugpak.. And then the morning! It was frosty. It made my fingers hurt. More bacon happened.
And after all our bikes started on the button (many batteries didn't survive the night) we went home in the freezing fog. All in all it was ridiculous but somehow thoroughly enjoyable, I'd certainly contemplate the idea of thinking about maybe doing it again at some point. Definitely buy the beer in England first though, I was expecting to survive on Tramp Juice but a 4 pack of Tennents Super was £10 and Special Brew £10.69! They must charge by the unit in Wales..

No comments:

Post a Comment